Saturday, March 10, 2012

Welcome to the Inner Workings of My Day Dreams

Welcome to my new blog! I decided to start this blog for several reasons - because it's fun to blog, I like to share my thoughts, and it's therapeutic in a way. I chose the name Amber's Day Dreams, because I want to start making my day dreams a reality. And I spend  lot of time day dreaming! Now, before you take me home, let me tell you 5 things about myself:

1. I married my soul mate. It's true - it doesn't always happen that way, but Jacob is my knight in shining armor, my best friend and he can always make me laugh. We got married in June 2009 and it's been awesome having such a great husband. He's pretty adventurous and active, which I think is one of God's funny ways of asking me to pray more.

Jacob on a hike in Big Sur

2. I'm kind of comical - Well, at least I crack myself up. Because of this, I sometimes say things at the wrong time that I think are funny and then people don't laugh. This just makes me laugh more. This type of thing usually happens in meetings with my bosses. Because I love to laugh and make jokes, I have been able to surround myself with others who also have a great sense of humor. No chicken crossed the road jokes here - just some witty sarcasm, funny stories, impressions of people I know and silly dance moves.

3. I love to travel. If I could quite my job and just travel all around the world for a couple of years with my hubby, I would do it in a heartbeat! I have been fortunate enough to already have explored some pretty awesome places. Below is a picture of me and Jacob when we went to Fiji in 2010 over Christmas:

Jacob & Me in Fiji

4. We have 2 dogs - Rocky & Shadow. Rocky is such a sweetheart, but she is also sneaky and witty. She was a rescue dog so it's taken a little while for her to not act like a homeless dog and realize she's part of our family. She's not a really small dog, but I can still pick her up - which I love doing! Shadow thinks he is the king, but in actuality he's kind of an oversized goof. He looks rather intimidating to most people who are on the other side of our fence, but he's really the biggest softy ever!

Shadow on the left (looking goofy) & Rocky in my arms

5. I'm a crafter. Yeah, it's true. I like to scrapbook (although now I make my scrapbooks on the computer), sew, and try new crafts. I even have my own Etsy shop where I sell pillow covers and other home decor items. Sometimes my new little craft projects don't turn out the way I saw them in my head. This actually happens more often than not. lol.

So now that you know a little bit about me, we can be friends! I hope you enjoy my blog and I hope that I am good at staying consistent. (Sometimes I don't finish what I started - something I didn't really want to put on the list. lol)

Start Making Your Daydreams Happen!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment